ATV 2 ver. 5.0 sound issues

Reaction score
Hello

Just a quick Apple questions - hope you can help.
I bought myself an Apple TV2 (completely satisfied), but I want the sound through my surround system which I have running.

Setup: Media Center PC, which surround system is connected - Samsung FULL HD LED TV, the Apple TV is connected with HDMI (audio from Apple TV comes out through the TV) - this, I would like to change .... :)

Is it in any way possible to connect the Apple TV through media center without Airplay speakers, so I can hear my itunes musik through my surround sound system, perhaps via the optical output through LED TV?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Your PC needs to have an optical input that can pass the audio stream to the surround system.

If it has you can connect the optical out on the ATV to it or take a passthrough optical out from the TV if it has one.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks - could this also be done by using a optical cable from ATV to Surround system? Because at the moment all sound goes through SS like so: PC - mini jack - SS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Yes. Arguably the 'best' way to. Connect is direct from Apple TV to your surround system by Optical cable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.