Editing software

Reaction score
I've had my first iMac for just about a year and am slowly learning the various programs. iPhoto is nice for organizing my pictures and minor editing, but I am looking for a program where I can edit photos-- nothing major or professional. For example I have a picture where there is a rip in the subject's clothing, and I would like to clone a section to hide the rip, so that it looks like it never was there. Just something relatively easy to use and not terribly expensive. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011, 13" MacBook Pro, 2.3GHz Intel Core i5, 320GB, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 3000, OS X Lion
I have just started using Adobe Photoshop Elements. I am new to photo editing and I want to learn the basics before I buy the full version of Photoshop. So far it has worked great and has been very easy for me to pick up.

Dustin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 15", iCore 7, 8GB, Thunderbolt Display
agreed. photoshop elements is just fine and so is the free gimp. it´s your personal taste but pse is available on the app store.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check out the various options. I used PSE2 back on my PC, but really didn't use all the functions for the cost. I'll have to check out GIMP and Pixelmator. Someday I'll have time to learn more about photo editing, but I've been saying that since I got my first digital camera years ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.