Should I get an ipad ..or

Reaction score
I have a 13 inch 2011 MBA with the 128GB SSD, I'm tempted to get one of the new ipad's but am also tempted to buy a bigger SSD drive from OWC.

I'm really torn here.. part of me says to get the ipad & leave the MBA as it is because depending on what the next refresh offers I might sell it & upgrade.

Reaction score
Two different beasts.

If mobility or love of reading (Zinio or Kindle e-book) is a requirement, get Ipad

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I have my MB, MBP, iMac, iPhone, and the newest edition the new iPad. I use my iPad when I'm lounging around at a friends house and while I'm in bed.

The others are used for school and work.

Depending on your computing needs you might be able to live without the MBA. I would do a test run before getting rid of the MBA all together.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Get the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
I have the same MBA, you do and I purchased the third generation iPad, 3 weeks ago. No regrets.

OP
G
Reaction score
I have my MB, MBP, iMac, iPhone, and the newest edition the new iPad. I use my iPad when I'm lounging around at a friends house and while I'm in bed.

The others are used for school and work.

Depending on your computing needs you might be able to live without the MBA. I would do a test run before getting rid of the MBA all together.

Oh I have no intentions of getting rid of my MBA unless of course it's to sell it & use the money towards purchasing a new one when the line gets a refresh.

The retina screen on the ipad tempts me, I blog & being able to work with pictures on such a screen would be very useful to me.

OP
G
Reaction score
Was just informed that a 16GB ipad 3 & smart cover is coming to me :eek: I'll let you know my impressions once it arrives!

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Congrats. What do I have to do to get in on that heal? lol

OP
G
Reaction score
My new iPad arrived late yesterday and I can't tell you just how beautiful the screen on this device is. Text is so crisp and clear that reading the forums is like reading a magazine! Setup was a snap, I was up and running in minutes. Transitions are silky smooth, no apps force closing, no random reboots.

Oh and the voice dictation is simply amazing, I'm able to respond to emails, post in the forums, tweet & update Facebook all without typing! I am really pleased with the new iPad so far. If you have been debating about buying one don't hesistate, this device is wonderful, the screen quality alone makes it worth every penny!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.