memories of appleworks

Reaction score
ok this is a tough question, but here goes-

imac os 10.7.3
i like to make photo collages. i take images downloaded from the web, and put together many images on one page. For many years i went Appleworks- draw and got a big empty white space. to make a collage, i could drag any image onto that page. i could move them about as i wished, adjust their sizes, delete them add others until i got what i wanted. then i would save my appleworks doc, and make a screen shot with grab, next i could put it in photoshop elements for tweaking and fine tuning, and also to make printing possible.

now since i got Lion, appleworks is dead. i have libre office, but it insits on one image per page.so i don't think that will work, but who knows. maybe you do.

all this stuff was sooooo simple with appleworks- draw! why can't i do it with anything else?

note: i do not have pages. if someone can assure me it can do the same thing i'll get it.

note 2. i have photoshop elements10, and i believe it might be possible to do this in that program, but i am nowhere near being able to navigate that thing

note 3 textedit can almost do some of this work, but it does not allow moving stuff around, or changing sizes, som it just does not really work

thanks for any help you may offer

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Mac App store has several inexpensive DTP programs that can do the collages. I don't know anything at all about Apple Works so I have no way to compare. However, both iStudio Publisher ($17.99) and Swift Publisher ($19.99) can do the collages. Swift Publisher will import directly from iPhoto which is also convenient.

C

chas_m

In addition to a number of programs that are either named or do collages of the type you describe, what's wrong with Pages -- the successor to AppleWorks?

I suspect you'll find it stunning, and it costs a whole $20. There's a free trial available from Apple's web site, so try that out first.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.