Deleting Opera And ClamX...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
Try as I might, I can't delete either Opera or ClamX from my MBP 10.7. Nothing wrong with either but it bothers me that I can't get rid of them. And I would like to do so.

I still have both .dmg packages. With ClamX I open the engine remover. Click on it and get confirmation Clam is removed. All I have to do is drag the icon and .dmg to the trash. But it's still there. With Opera, no delete option that I can find. I have dragged it to the Trash but it pops back. Obviously I'm missing something.

Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Sounds like you are zapping the DMG Image files and not the apps themselves.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Opera is like any other app bundle with the simple "drag and drop" installation - a simple drag to the Trash should do the trick. Nothing I've seen would prevent this from happening even if there were improper permissions.

Open up a Finder window and push Shift-Command-G. In the box that pops up, enter the following:
Code:
~/.Trash
This is your Trash directory. Drag the Opera app bundle there and see if that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
Try opening a finder window and on the left side of it, under places, click on applications... This is where your applications are unless you have installed them somewhere else. From there look for the applications you want to delete and drag it to the trash. Then if the app has an icon on the dock you can get rid of that also by right clicking and under options you will have the option to remove from dock... That should be all that is necessary..

Good Luck

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro.
Aqua, I tried your method and it worked! Many thanks to you and vansmith.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.