Logic Express 9 Help Please no sound

Reaction score
Hello;
Yesterday I've upgraded to Mac OS X 10.7.3
Needed to upgrade Logic Express after that, downloaded and installed upgrade, now using Logic Express 9.1.7
Unfortunately ran into a problem which never had before:
When I'm adding new track, and try to jam with prevously recorded tracks, there is sound only either on my newly created track or the rest of tracks. Can't hear both tracks simultaneously. Need to point out that even when there is no sound, level indicator is showing that there is a signal on the track. I did not change any of audio settings, which I had previously.
I'm using "Line In" audio input to record electric guitar. Everything worked great before upgrade...
Please help.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Did you make sure input monitoring is on?

Go to the Logic Express menu at the top > preferences > audio > check the box labeled software monitoring

The track also has to be armed to record.

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks, Adric, I've checked, yes software monitoring is "on" as well as "independent monitoring level". The problem however is still there. Apparently, in recording mode, both tracks are working normally and I can hear both playing track and track. During playback, however, the track with "record ready" button active - is mute. Have no idea why it happens, I did all new fresh reinstall of Logic, downloaded latest update, but for no avail.... Too bad, I like Logic, perhaps will have to go for Pro Tools...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
That is strange. You could always just un-arm the track during playback.

Pro Tools is another good option. Only issue I've heard with that though is that it can be picky about what equipment you use with it.

I haven't used Pro Tools since college though so I don't have much first hand experience with it.

OP
H
Reaction score
the problem solved by unclicking "Options - Audio - Auto Input Monitoring" - it must be "off"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.