Accessing Entourage on an external hard drive

Reaction score
I've backed up my entire laptop including Entourage to an external hard drive and then deleted a lot of old e-mails on the laptop. How do I retrieve them from the hard drive? I've tried clicking on the Entourage icon on the hard drive but it just opens up the current version of Entourage without the backed up old e-mails. Help please?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Entourage always accesses its database from Users > You > Documents > MIcrosoft User Data > Office Identities > Main Identity

You need to find that folder on your backup and rename Main Identity to Old identity (or whatever you want to call the folder)

Then copy over Old identity to Users > You > Documents > MIcrosoft User Data > Office Identities

You now have 2 office users

when you next use Entourage, from the file menu select Switch identity and you should see two users Main Identity and Old identity, select that to go back to your old email account

OP
T
Reaction score
Backed up Entourage

Thanks for that.

Does it mean that I'm restoring the backed up Entourage to my laptop's hard disk? The point of backing up on an external hard drive was to free up memory space on the laptop so, if possible, I want to keep the archived items on the hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.