Ripping CD's question. Re: featured artists

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" 2.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with 12GB RAM and 2TB HDD, 32 GB iPad 2, 32 GB iPhone 4
Ripping CD's in iTunes question. Re: featured artists

Sorry, wasn't sure how to phrase the subject. Basically I'm ripping my cd collection with iTunes but I DESPISE how, it names multiple artists on one song.

For instance, I ripped 2pac's Greatest Hits CD and a song like California Love shows up as 2Pac ft Dr Dre as the artist. Is there a way to set it so they all go to 2pac and then the SONG is named California Love ft Dr Dre. I know you can change the album artist on multiple songs but I was hoping there was another way to go about this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Information like artist, track name etc is pulled down from a central database. This is populated by the data supplied by the record companies etc. so that's what you're going to get when you rip.

That said, if it upsets you to such a high degree, it's not much work to select the whole album, Get Info and change the artist to just one name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.