Computers problem.... Going crazy?

Reaction score
Long story.... had an old Mac G3 Panther that more or less died.... Some one gave me a Dell D630 that worked fine once I got used to Windows... Recently the Dell died (boots but screen stays dark grey) Friend fixed it ( for about 24h) then the screen did the same thing ( friends on holiday now)
I have seen the same Dell 2nd hand for about 250 euros.... Should I buy the Dell or go for a 2nd hand Mac at 600+ Euros. Problem is that I love Mac and have all my old apps backed up on a ExtHHD but for the moment I cant really afford it. Or should I go for the Dell and wait until I have enough money to buy a decent Mac.... For the moment I've managed to get my G3 sort of working but its real slow.... BUT I have all my recent files, photos and music on the broke DELL... that still boots ( windows music + flashing HD light) so I assume the HD is still ok... Is there a Cable to transfer all that stuff ( apps included) from DELL 1 to DELL 2 ? This is all so complicated I don't really expect and answer...but who knows... thanks anyway
tomshardware.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
You are right it is complicated.

At the end of the day it is your money so purchase what you can afford.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.