Deleted Leopard OS Using EasUs/Bootcamp..Desperate

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I was using bootcamp and I partitioned 20GB into Windows, I realized I needed more space, so I partitioned 10GB more. Next thing I know my Apple OS had been completely Deleted. I was using the program EasUs. ANY information on recovering my apple hard drive would be extremely helpful. I'm stressing so much I can't even begin to think.

Thank you so much, Dak

PS I called Apple support, and a few places that basically led me to paying $750-$2400 If i want it fixed.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I was using bootcamp and I partitioned 20GB into Windows, I realized I needed more space, so I partitioned 10GB more. Next thing I know my Apple OS had been completely Deleted. I was using the program EasUs. ANY information on recovering my apple hard drive would be extremely helpful. I'm stressing so much I can't even begin to think.

Thank you so much, Dak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That is not the way to do it. You may be looking at an erase and format selecting one single partition and re-install of whatever OS you are running. Then go into Bootcamp and print and read the guidelines. When Bootcamp partition the drive for goodness sake select a partition large enough to install Windows on - say 50GB.

Easus is a program for cloning Windows so why would you use that?

If you get Windows up and running and want to change the partition size a utility called CampTune is the way to go. Costs $19.95 from Paragon.

And do not double post our staff members do not like that!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you sure that your Leopard partition has been deleted? Did you try holding down the option key when booting? Did you try a PRAM reset?

Also, did you use the EasUs partition manager? Their web site says that you can recover partitions with the program which leads me to believe that perhaps you can get the Leopard partition back. Always make a backup before using Boot Camp or doing any kind of partition work. The Boot Camp Assistant specifically warns you about that....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And do not cross post. Post to only one forum and continue with the same thread. If you think you posted to the wrong forum, ask a Staff Member to move it for you. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.