Bootcamp startup

Reaction score
I'm getting a message when I try to start bootcamp about the ntfs. It often hangs on the blue welcome screen. Does anyone have any idea? Why is bootcamp so fragile and nearly impossible to backup?

How do you backup bootcamp?

screenshot_01.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nothing wrong with Boot Camp. It's Tuxera NTFS that's buggy. Get rid of it and instead purchase Paragon NTFS from Paragon Software. $19.95. LINK

Make sure you completely uninstall Tuxera NTFS first. Use their uninstaller.

OP
A
Reaction score
I tried Paragon NTFS and I get the same blue Windows 7 welcome screen that just hangs there forever. I have no idea why but that Tuxera error says something about it. Paragon just shows that the drive is there, nothing more.I've been using Tuxera on my Macbook Pro and iMac for two years and never had a problem.

However, I still have my bootcamp problem but it was worth a try. Thanks for your time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, understand. Let's try this:

If you can get Windows to boot OK, do this: Open a command prompt and type in the following = chkdsk c: \f

The system will tell you that it can't make corrections while Windows is active but will make them on the next reboot. Go ahead and reboot Windows and allow any corrections (if there are any) to be made.

If that doesn't work, there may be corruption that can not be resolved without doing a repair install of Windows. Back to Tuxera.... it is indeed buggy and has been known to cause file corruption. I'm not saying that's the reason you're getting the blue screen but it is suspect. Personally, I would not use Tuxera.

OP
A
Reaction score
OK I'll use Paragon. I stil have my problem and how do I get to commsnd prompt from the welcome screen?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to the Start Menu, click on it and look for the DOS prompt icon and menu item. If that doesn't work, start Windows in Safe Mode and get at the DOS (command prompt) the same way. Let's see if the Windows partition can be repaired. The check disk program is pretty good at repairing file and folder corruption.

OP
A
Reaction score
OK will do, I'm disabled so I'll need some help with this. I'll let you know what happens.Thanks for the tip!

Can you get to safe mode from the welcome screen?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you get to safe mode from the welcome screen?

No. You have to hold down your F8 key while Windows boots in order to get into safe mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.