MacBook Pro wireless connection to TV

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a MacBook Pro 5,1 with Snow Leopard, an iPhone and I am now planning my home theater. I chose a Panasonic plasma TV and a Denon AVR-1912 receiver (connects to the Ethernet). There is no internet or any network in my home at the moment and I don't plan to implement it in the near future.

I would like to know what do I need to be able to have the best connectivity between the iPhone and the MacBook. The receiver supports AirPlay and has some Denon App for controlling the volume of the speakers and similar things.

I would like to display the pictures I took from the iPhone, stream music from it and be able to display my monitor on the TV without the need of a cable, but wirelessly. If I display a movie from the MacBook, I would like to use the speakers of the home theater, of course...

Is this possible? Or can I accomplish that only with a HDMI cable from the MacBook to the Receiver? The AirPort Extreme would cover the points I want?

Many thanks in advance!

Reaction score
The only option I have heard of allowing what you are looking for isn't currently available but will be "sometime this summer". Although I think you will need some sort of internet connection, rumors are that OSX Mountain Lion will allow connection of 2011 and newer Macbooks and AppleTV. Thus allowing for internet connection, streaming, etc. The only thing I know of currently to connect a MBP to your tv is via a mini display port to hdmi connector.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
The only way I know of to connect all these different components is by having them on the same wireless network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.