Copying pictures

Reaction score
Hi when i try to copy what i have read, words and pictures only the words are copied. Can anyone tell me how to copy pictures that go along with the writing. i have a MacBook Pro..

Thank you

:Cool:

OP
R
Reaction score
I am studying an online health and safety course and copying some of the pages so i can study when i am not online. The writing copies fine but not the pictures/diagrams

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
@Roythepower, assume you know nothing about the problem you are having and re-read your two posts there, is that enough information about what "someone" is doing/seeing to be able to help them? If not, then perhaps adding more information would be good. We'd rather have WAY more information than we need and prune it as opposed to vague requests for help..

Online means browser, are you using a specific reader/plugin/software to access the content online? Is it in PDF format or something else? You cannot cut-and-paste content pictures from PDFs..you can at best grab the text only..

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks Raz0rEdge, i am using safari to look at the course o line and the vague requests for help are because i dont know what is happening. Maybe the online course is in PDF format because i cannot copy the diagrams.

Thanks

RTP

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Roy, most online courses usually want to protect the information they are sharing with you, so they will use various technologies to display content but not allow it to be copied. One of the courses I took provided the entire textbook online but only through a separate reader program driven by Silverlight. This prevented any sort of copying or anything entirely..

I imagine that whatever course you are taking has some similar feature to restrict copying..

You might want to ask the instructor if they have a PDF version of the information they're providing online for your reference..

Reaction score
Roy,

As long as what you are seeking is legal, one option for you may be while on the page you want in Safari choose file > print

At the bottom of the dialog box you can choose PDF. Save the page as a pdf and you can view that later within Preview.

I use the option pretty regularly as I fly frequently and often times don't have internet access or don't want to pay $5-10 for only 20 minutes worth of browsing while on the plane.

If these are copyrighted materials you're browsing, then as noted there are other legal considerations to take into account before saving the materials to your personal system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.