Email Phishing Scam for iCloud

Reaction score
I just got a very clever phishing scam via email with very authentic looking Apple and iCloud logos instructing me to go to 1cloud.biz and update my credit card information.

I've been involved in Internet applications since the Internet first got started. This thing was so cleverly done that I almost fell for it. I had actually started typing my info when I looked at the URL and noticed two key clues: 1cloud instead of icould and .biz instead of .com or .net.

I used Network Solutions WHOIS client to look up 1cloud.biz and find it is registered to an individual in the UK.

Be careful of any request purporting to be from apple and asking you to update your credit card info. I would strongly suggest going to a url that you know to be valid or access your account via iTunes.

I hope Apple goes after these guys with everything they've got to track them down and get them arrested.

Be careful!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I just got a very clever phishing scam via email with very authentic looking Apple and iCloud logos instructing me to go to 1cloud.biz and update my credit card information.

I've been involved in Internet applications since the Internet first got started. This thing was so cleverly done that I almost fell for it. I had actually started typing my info when I looked at the URL and noticed two key clues: 1cloud instead of icould and .biz instead of .com or .net.

I used Network Solutions WHOIS client to look up 1cloud.biz and find it is registered to an individual in the UK.

Be careful of any request purporting to be from apple and asking you to update your credit card info. I would strongly suggest going to a url that you know to be valid or access your account via iTunes.

I hope Apple goes after these guys with everything they've got to track them down and get them arrested.

Be careful!

I'd love to see a screenshot of this legit looking email.

Doug

OP
R
Reaction score
Phishing Messag that I got

Doug,

Here is the message that i got.
applescam.png

Note that the link in the message no longer works as of today. It seems someone jumped on this fast and furiously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hah, a ton of spelling errors in that one!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.