I installed Boot Camp on Windows 7 PC (No Mac computer!)

Reaction score
I was trying to install drivers in order to use a Magic TrackPad that I got. I read somewhere that I had to use/install Boot Camp on my PC. Well, I did so... however, I have no Mac... it's a 100% Windows 7 PC. So, I was able to install Boot Camp 3.0 and 3.1 (I think!) When I try to boot my machine, it will NOT boot anymore. What can I do? Could someone please help me? I noticed that the name of my main C: drive changed to "BootCamp"... it did this automatically. I tried to fix the MBR via the Windows 7 Installation DVD, but no success. :-( Someone, please help!

I CANNOT do a system restore, as there is no system restore point on the OS.

Thank you!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Always create a restore point before messing with the system. If you tried repairing Windows 7 via the original DVD according to the MS instructions and it failed, then your only option is to reinstall Windows 7. You can do a repair install. Afterward, go to Windows update and reinstall all the patches and security updates. Lots of work.

I have no idea why you chose to install the Boot Camp updates when you don't even have a Mac? Those drivers are Mac specific and will not work on a PC. I don't even know how you downloaded BC 3.0 and 3.1? Bootleg site maybe?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Also, the Trackpad is Mac specific, and only works with windows when bootcamped on a Mac. If you want a big trackpad, get a Wacom.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.