Mail 5.2

Reaction score
Just switched from the dark side (PC) to a MacBook Pro. Have successfully set up Mail 5.2 but am trying to figure out how to organize my mail. I have 1 Apple mail account and 6 G-mail accounts. From what I can figure out, mail comes into Mail 5.2 in two places. It appears the "upper" section lets you view/delete mail wither by all in the Inbox or individually by the individual e-mail accounts. If you delete mail, it disappears.

However, the lower section seems to be organized by e-mail accounts as well. This seems to be where you set up folders to keep or sort your e-mail (similar to what I did on my PC with Outlook). Here is where it gets confusing. While I can move e-mails into the folders under each account, when I delete the rest of the e-mails to clan things up, they keep re-loading and filling back up.

What am i missing and who's settings do I need to change? I went back to the Genius Bar and they had no idea how this was happening or what to do. Seems like it may be a case of vendor bingo where each one tells me it is the other's problem/setting.

Suggestions?

Thanks. Am loving the new toy. Just trying to get used to doing things differently!

Best,

Rich

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.