• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

HELP .. i need a video making app other than iMovie

Reaction score
hi guys .. I'm new here ..
i wish you can help me ..
I'm looking for a video making app other than iMOVIE as i use pictures with music ..
and i found out that iMovie doesn't have lots of effects on pictures and fonts .. coz i was using the windows movie maker and it had a lot of effects on PICTURES AND TEXTS

can someone help me plzz .. coz i am focusing on making video with pictures + music + text

thanks a lot =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
There is no need to shout. What, exactly, do you want to do with your pictures, music and text. iMovie can do quite a lot.

OP
gbgoobh
Reaction score
sorry i dont mean to shout i swear :(

ok i just want to make music videos using pictures ... in iMovie it doesn't have lots of picture effects as in Windows movie maker ..

hope u can help me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
That's ok, but don't swear either. :D

What sort of effects are you thinking of?

OP
gbgoobh
Reaction score
hehehehe ok =)

i meant by the effects .. like in a music video ... i need more effects on the text when it appears in the video .. i tried the iMovie .. but it doesn't have many effects ..

dunno if u got me *_*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
have you made sure you have downloaded all the extra content available for iMovie? There is info in the Help for iMovie.

also, search google for text plugins for iMovie.

OR

Bootcamp to Windows and use what you are used to.

OP
gbgoobh
Reaction score
Deckyon thanks a lot

i didn't knw that iMovie had extra content ... i will try to search for them .. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, sorry. You're right about iMovie and text effects.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
Take a look at Motion 5. It's cheap.. $50 in the app store. It can do a lot effects wise.

Motion is designed to work hand in hand with Final Cut X but there is no reason you can't use it with imovie.

If you ever do any screen casting then Screenflow is worth a look too.. it's pretty simple and fun to use. Does more than most people realize.

But all in all I wouldn't think there is much that couldn't be accomplished with Motion and imovie. With a little imagination and work imovie can do a lot more then many people give it credit for.

C

chas_m

With no disrespect meant, the effects in WMM are ... how to put this politely ... um, cheesy. IMO.

OP
gbgoobh
Reaction score
chas_m im not comparing WMM with iMovie .. my concern was on the effects of the text ONLY =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.