Windows 8 Consumer preview on Mac help

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I got my mac from my mother last christmas as a gift for my studies (I have to confess I haven't done allot of that on it) but any way, I was looking around on the internet and searching for the future windows which will be Windows 8, and I found that they have a Consumer preview you can download it here Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview what I was wondering, is how can I download that and keep my Mac os software?

do I run it with boot camp and how? and do I just click download on the windows 8 thing and my mac will set it up? my worry is that it will reset my Mac software and I really don't want that to happen at all! I love the mac software, I just want to see what the new windows 8 will be like.

Thanks for all the help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
If all you want to do is play with it I would use it in a virtual machine like Parallels, VMWare Fusion of even Virtual Box. You need to buy Parallels but VMWare Fusion has a tryit for 30 days and Virtual Box is a free download. You can find a number of guides to install by google. I bought Parallels and like it after having tried the other two. Depending on your machine specs, your performance will vary.

Bill

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.