New switcher, have a few questions.

Reaction score
Hi, I just turned on my very first iMac and am loving it so far, I just have a few questions I couldn't find the answers to in the stickies.

My first questions is that I just made a new Apple ID for my Mac as I wanted a fresh start so to speak, but am wondering how I make this new Apple ID the main ID on my iPhone and iPad so I can have my iPhone, iPad and iMac all connect together and share everything.

The second question I have is a silly one but, how to I get to my folders...? Like the Mac-version of My Documents/My Pictures etc, I also wanted to make my own folder and stick it to the dock down the bottom but couldn't figure out how. Sorry for the stupid questions.

Thanks for the help. :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Second (and third) question(s):
Users/YourUserName/Documents

Drag the folders you want to appear on the Dock to the Right side of the dashed white line. The Left side is for Applications only.

C

chas_m

All your questions will be answered here:

Switch 101 and Mac 101

Any other questions, please do check back in. You might also enjoy the essay linked at the bottom of this post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.