Soundboard problem please help

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a small problem connecting the code for the sound to the button.

I created a project "Tabbed application" and then i added an image to the first and second view, then i added audio.toolbox.framework in the "link binary with library" section under build phases section. Then created round rect buttons and put them where they needed to be. Heres when the problem starts, when i click on one of the buttons and press ctrl a light blue line appears and i drag it to the code for that button in the .m file but it won't connect to it nothing happens. Could somebody please help me with this ?

Here the code i wrote for the button but I'm pretty sure its fine
Code:
-(IBAction)sound1 {
    CFBundleRef mainBundle = CFBundleGetMainBundle();
    CFURLRef soundFileURLRef;
    soundFileURLRef = CFBundleCopyResourceURL(mainBundle, (CFStringRef) @"sound1", CFSTR ("wav"), NULL);

UInt32 soundID;
    AudioServicesCreateSystemSoundID(soundFileURLRef, &soundID);
    AudioServicesPlaySystemSound(soundID);
}

Reaction score
The implementation of your IBAction method is incorrect, all IBaction methods should
follow the example below.

Code:
//in your .h interface file you should declare your IBAction method like this

- (IBAction)methodName:(id)sender;

//In your .m implementation file you then implement the above method like this.

- (IBAction)methodName:(id)sender
{
      //Your code goes here
}

In your example, your missing the (id)sender part of the declaration, which every
IBAction method should have.

Save the files before moving over to Interface Builder, then control drag from the Button to
the controller class's Object cube, and select the IBAction method.

Also I noticed your using the AudioToolkit Framework for your sound playing methods, if
your only wanting to play short system type sounds, or audio files in a simple playback
utility, you might want to consider the NSSound class.

Hope this helps.

Regards Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.