Two Questions

Reaction score
Hi,
I have two questions that maybe someone might be able to help me with? Using an iMac.Firstly,I was asked on a site I visit frequently did I want my username and password remembered and without thinking hit 'no' or 'never' and that is not what I intended.How can I now get to undo that command? Secondly, and this is more a bugging me thing- when I have a number of sites open and are minimised,when I right click on Safari symbol on the dock,I actually don't have an arrow to click on a site I want to open.....more a capital I with a top and bottom.I am sure there is a name for it.Anyway, it opens the site fine but I am curious as to why the arrow will only appear when hovering over the name of the site I am on.....sad I know.Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
For the first one, grab a program called Onyx. I recommend using it once in a while anyway to clear out cache and old logs that are not needed. It will also clear out your cookies - which is where that "remember username and password" setting is located. Alternatively, open Safari, go to preferences, privacy, and "remove all website data." You can also look at the "details" for the sites and delete them individually.

For the second one, dunno, not in front of my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
for your second question, that shows, I think when you are hovering over text rather than a link.. I'm using firefox so I'm not sure if that's the cursor you mean..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
for your second question, that shows, I think when you are hovering over text rather than a link.. I'm using firefox so I'm not sure if that's the cursor you mean..

I think he is referring to the icon on the Dock, not a link on a page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
OK really. I never noticed that... That's odd but neat...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hi,
Secondly, and this is more a bugging me thing- when I have a number of sites open and are minimised,when I right click on Safari symbol on the dock,I actually don't have an arrow to click on a site I want to open.....more a capital I with a top and bottom.I am sure there is a name for it.

It's just called a cursor, whether in the form of an arrow or an "I-beam".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.