Best DJ Software?

Reaction score
What's the best dj software available for mac? It has to be able to create beats from scratch and make mashups. Is Fruity Loops available for mac?

Cost is not a problem.

Reaction score
I use CrossDJ free on my MBP. Great software and you can't beat the price!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8
If you want to DJ or partake in controllerism, I would go with Traktor. Much more full featured than stuff like Virtual DJ which do only the very basics. It is however rather expensive - it is up to you.

If you want to "create beats from scratch" or even make complicated "mashups" you can look at more production programs like Logic or similar.

Reaction score
If you want to DJ or partake in controllerism, I would go with Traktor. Much more full featured than stuff like Virtual DJ which do only the very basics. It is however rather expensive - it is up to you.

If you want to "create beats from scratch" or even make complicated "mashups" you can look at more production programs like Logic or similar.

You Mentioned Programs like Traktor... I have Virtual DJ and yeah its pretty limited on what it can do. But what are some other programs other than traktor to let you "dj or partake in controllerism" I would like to learn this stuff and get more a feel for it before I start making my own beats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, Late 2007, 2.4GHz (Dual Core), 1GB RAM, Radeon 2600HD OSX 10.6.8
You Mentioned Programs like Traktor... I have Virtual DJ and yeah its pretty limited on what it can do. But what are some other programs other than traktor to let you "dj or partake in controllerism" I would like to learn this stuff and get more a feel for it before I start making my own beats.
First off, I don't want to fool anyone, including myself, into thinking I am vaguely skilled with this kind of stuff.

In my opinion, it is a kind of "get what you pay for" situation. You can get something cheap/free from the Mac App Store but it is not going to be as full featured as the $100 Traktor. Apart from Traktor, Serato (Very similar to Traktor) and Ableton (Different approach) I don't really have much knowledge on the rest of the software available I'm afraid however Virtual DJ definitely seems to have a backing and I used it a bit, it is good for how much I paid.

So if you want to start with loops, EQ mixing, cue point juggling etc, I think you should be ok with something like Virtual DJ. If you are actually rather keen on it and as you get better, you can invest more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Even though I'm a long time Traktor user, I'd say go for Ableton Live for beat mash ups and DJing. Live auatomatically beat matches songs for you when adding an accapella to another beat. It's mad easy.

And adding a MIDI controller to LIVE really makes it easier to cue up and play samples, loops or songs.

Reaction score
Go for Traktor

from Native Instruments!

I think this is the best DJ software you can get these days!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.