Switched -- all but keyboard

Reaction score
I switched 3 weeks ago from Win 7 to an iMac (I've been a PC guy since Dos 1.1 in 1983 btw). No real or serious issues.

I don't like the Mac Wireless Keyboard or the Magic Mouse.

So, I'm actually using a Microsoft 3000 keyboard and a MS Arc Touch Mouse that I used on my Win7 PC. I prefer them.

However, I'm very addicted to the keyboard layout and can't get used to the Home and End keys not working as expected.

I know that the command/arrow keys provide the function -- but I'm constantly hitting home and end and getting nothing but a browser scroll to the begging or end of the screen.

Is there anyway to trick the Mac into using those keys as I'm used to using them?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't have an answer to your question...but I love the avatar!;)

- Nick

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The full sized apple USB keyboard has Home, End, page up and page down and they work here. In Safari now and they work here just like on a PC. I will try a Microsoft and Logitech KB later and see what happens. There are drivers for some keyboards to make the keys work in OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
I don't have an answer to your question either...but I love the Magic Mouse. The two finger swipe is sooo convenient.

OP
creativepart
Reaction score
I don't have an answer to your question either...but I love the Magic Mouse. The two finger swipe is sooo convenient.

The Magic Mouse gives me an ache in the palm after a couple hours of use. I do also have a magic pad and I like that much better. But for mousing on the iMac I'm hooked on my Microsoft Arc Touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
I'm not sure if this will do what you want (I miss the way Home and End acted on my win machine too)
KeyRemap4MacBook - despite the name it works on all macs

Reaction score
Mac keyboard shortcuts seem to be most easily used on Mac keyboards. My advice on switching is to go 100%. Switching to Apple is not like going from an HP to a Lenovo laptop. Minimize use of the windows OS on the new apple is also my suggestion. Once the light-bulb goes off and you learn the "new language", you'll appreciate my suggestions is my hope.

C

chas_m

I should point out (and thought I did already but it's not here -- maybe in another thread) that Microsoft makes a number of well-regarded, Mac-specific keyboards (and meeses). So you can have the best of both worlds as you might say.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.