top bar...

T

tris68

hey in the finder toolbar on the top of the screen I have got unwanted icons next to my time in the right top hand corner.. I want to get rid of some such as the airport button because I am not running airport i am running broadband cable.. how do i do remove it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Hold the command-key (the one with the Apple logo), click on the Airport icon and drag it off the menubar. When you release the mousebutton, the icon will disappear with a little "woosh"-effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Avalon said:
the icon will disappear with a little "woosh"-effect.

I always thought it was a puff of smoke.

There is also the option of opening network in the system preferences, selecting airport form the pull down menu and unchecking show airport in the menubar box. Most icons can be removed from there preference pane. I only bring it up because its good to now your way around your system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.