Saving "Binary File"

Reaction score
Hey guys --
My son attempted to save a file from a link from his teacher's wiki page this morning. When we attempted to open the file, it stated it was a "Binary File" and did not have the proper application to open this file. I performed a quick internet search, which suggested downloading Stuffit Expander. However, when I attempted to download that program, it gave me the same message.

How do we open these types of files?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Exactly what kind of binary file is it, i.e., what is it's extension? Alternatively, provide the Wiki link if it is accessible on the Internet for us to check it out ourselves and give you a quick answer..

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks Razor. Unfortunately, I just went back to the site, and the teacher reposted the link as a PDF, so I can't get the info you were looking for. I don't remember there being any extensions, as I was going to post that in my initial post. When this situation arises again, I'll try to repost with more specifics.

Thanks for trying to help!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Well glad it's sorted..and for sharing documents, PDFs are better anyway since it's a standard enough format that all OS' know how to deal with ..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.