Recommendations on printers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2011 imac 27, quad core i5, 16GB ram
As I am planning on getting a new imac thought I would ask about printers.

So I am planning on a new imac 27 inch. Running OS X Lion what would the forum members recommend? I read the internet list of top 10 printers for mac and most of the printers are no long sold. So I am wondering what you guys have to say on this topic?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
This is kind of a tough one, since printer models are updated so frequently. Right now, I'm kind of an Epson fan. I bought an Artisan 720 that I am enamored with at the moment.

In general, for Inkjets, Canons and Epsons have proven reliable for me. For lasers, I like HP.

Lots more info and recommendations are available here.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2011 imac 27, quad core i5, 16GB ram
Thanks for the info.. would love to have a laser color printer but. I think my wife would kill me if I buy an imac and a laser printer at the same time..LOL but that Epson looks interesting.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for the info.. would love to have a laser color printer but. I think my wife would kill me if I buy an imac and a laser printer at the same time..LOL but that Epson looks interesting.

I don't think you're missing out on much. Inkjets trump color lasers for photo printing. Really, unless you're routinely printing business documents, inkjets are the best technology for what most people print in color for.

I keep a black & white laser for bulk prints / drafts and an inkjet primarily for photo printing. That strikes the best balance for me.

Oh, and the printer I mentioned earlier is actually the Epson Artisan 725, not 720. I'm not sure if that printer is still on the market, but just wanted to make sure I didn't steer you wrong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.