Strange MacBook/Airport Express missync problem

Reaction score
I have a very strange problem.
I bought an Airport Express and set up network at home. I did the installation with my MacBook (OS 10.6.8). In our home we have two Iphones, one Ipad, one Mac Mini (Lion) and my wife’s MacBook (Lion). With all those units the network works prefect, but not with my MacBook.

The strange thing is that my MacBook works prefect with all other wifi and networks I have tried, including other Airport Express (as for example, my office). The only thing that does not work is the combination between my MacBook and my Airport Express at home. That makes it hard to know if the malfunction is on the MacBook or the Airport Express…

What happens is ONE of following (different every time)

• The Airport symbol (in the top right corner of the screen) show full connection, but I cannot reach Internet anyway.
• There is an exclamation point at that symbol- and no Internet connection of course.
• There is the “None of your primary networks are available” screen popping up (with my network on the list….
• When I click on that network it say: “maximun connection time reached”, or “wrong password”- witch it is not…I quadruple checked)
• The Airport symbol show full power but the Internet is so slow that the pages is shown as WAP-pages kind of…
• And occasionally it all works perfectly (about 40-50% of the time) with no problems at all!

There are no logic system or pattern between those, just that the first point is most common.
I have tried:

Reinstalling the Airport
Rebooting both the Airport, and the computer.
Started up in Safe Mode
Resetting SMC
Letting the computer “forget” the network and find it again

Maybe I also must say that I have tried the connection with other devices at the same time and those all work perfect while my MacBook doesn’t. I even tried sharing the Internet from my Iphone (with 3G turned of, just connected via WiFi on the same network). And that also worked, but just not with the MacBooks own wifi…

Does anyone have any idea what I can try more?

Excuse med for my English, if it is unclear. I am not native English speaking.

//Pelle

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.