Audiobook bookmark?

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I've recently bought my first audiobook via the iTunes app on my iPhone 4S. I listened to the book for a while then, as you do, just stopped and did something else. When I came back to open the Music app on my iPhone I noticed that the audiobook was back at chapter 1. I've never had an audiobook before so I know no better but I presumed that it would at least sync my position, regardless of whether I left the app 'running' in the background or closed it completely. Is this not the case? I thought I'd be able to download it on both my iPhone/iPad and pick up on one where I left off on the other. Any advice?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

Patience, young padawan. This is a forum of Mac enthusiasts, not a harem of concubines at your beck and call. It sometimes takes a while for someone who has the answer you seek to find your question. Less than 30 minutes is not enough time.

I wish I could be of help to you, but alas I own no audiobooks (still doing the "reading" thing), but I agree with you that your line of thinking is indeed how it should work. Hopefully someone else will have something more helpful to offer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.