documents are being sent to the desktop

Reaction score
I am new to MBP. :Blushing: When I close any kind of open document, a copy is saved on my desktop. I am always having to remove documents that get sent there. I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. I have looked everywhere how to undo this sending a copy to the desktop. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Is this happening in all programs or just some of them?

OP
L
Reaction score
I am using open office and all documents opened in Open office go to my desk top every time. Also, all pdf documents go there after I open them. These are the only documents that I have opened. I have looked in every preference of both open office and in the PDF program. its a puzzle and a hassle. My MBP came this way, but there should be a way to have it stop doing this. Thanks again for any help you might be able to give.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you buy your MBP new or used? A new MBP would not come that way as the default would be the Documents folder. Do you see a Documents folder when you open the Finder? How about a Desktop folder?

C

chas_m

I think this is the problem:

defaultsavehighlight.jpg

That little box can be clicked to offer additional options for where to save things.

OP
L
Reaction score
:Cool:
Yes my machine was new when I bought it. I set my finder to open in documents. I have looked everywhere for a setting to change this. Thanks again for your comments. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.