wireless disks

Reaction score
Hi!

I hope someone can give some hints and tips on this one.

I have a timecapsule and an external usb harddrive connected to it. I want to use that external for media files. However, when pointing for instance Transmission to that external wireless harddrive it always fails when downloading files (I expect due to speed or connectivity issues).

So. Im thinking of letting my local harddrive on my macbook do the downloading, then sync from local to the wireless external. Is there a good program available for something like that? Eg, detect new files on local then move them to external wireless, then delete them from local...

Or. Is there a better solution?...

Thanks!
Z

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Folder Sync works well.

Though I'd either run it manually when not actively using Transmission. Or schedule it to run when Transmission isn't active or you'll run into the same issues you're having now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Time Machine?

OP
Z
Reaction score
so actually, what Im asking for is a good sync app that can sync in one way and delete the source files when done... I have folder watch but it doesnt delete afterwards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
So what you really want is an app that moves files?

OP
Z
Reaction score
right. one that detects when new files arrive in one directory, then moves it to another (on external drive)...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Others may have other app suggestions but I'd suggestion looking at Automator to monitor the folder, select the files and move then to the predetermined destination. It's not a sync tool you want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.