I'm going with MAC!

D

dwd3885

I have to go back...
So i'm back. Back from the world of pc desktops. I still need something to connect me to the pc world for things that don't work on the mac, so i have the pc laptop. Anyways, my point is that after buying a PowerMac and selling it a few months ago and building an AMD X2 system with Windows XP MCE, I have begun to become so frustrated!! I have formatted and reinstalled Windows at least 4 times since I built this machine, it has only been 2 weeks!! Things don't work right and while I love to be able to record shows via the Media Center and PVR, it's not worth it to me anymore. I want to be able to USE the computer like it was meant to be used. I can still do everything on that PC, but not the Media Center thing without it being way too buggy. And that's really the main reason why I went back. So I have now decided to up and sell all my pc stuff on ebay, we'll see how much I get.

And so after Christmas I will be looking for a new Apple desktop. I'd like a PowerMac Dual processor or CPU computer if I can afford it. I already have the Dell 2005FPW, but am considering selling that as well and upgrading to a bigger monitor or just getting the iMac. But I'd really like the dual function of the PowerMac. I guess I don't really have a question, I'm just ranting. I cannot wait to sell that pc stuff. Of course I'm keeping the 160gb hard drive and 512x2 RAM sticks so I can stick in the PowerMac when I get it, but if I get an iMac, I will probably sell those then.

I like to do video, audio recording, photo editing etc. I just want my Mac back!!

Reaction score
The new iMac and Powermac don't use DDR, they use DDR2, so that memory from your PC won't help you much if you are looking to get the newest models.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
You can get a decent iMac that cheap that I'm sure you'll like a lot. If you want the Pmac, I'd recommend saving until you can afford a refurbished newer model, preferably the next-newest one (like mine) so you can use your memory, but you'll have to spend more money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
you could prolly get a gual g4 for that much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.