finding correct OS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to macs and trying to learn my way around. I've purchased a wiped iMac and when it boots it flashes a folder with a question mark on it. From what I understand this means it can not find a bootable OS, which is not surprising.

I've tried to install lion, leopard and snow leopard from CD with no success. The discs sound as though they're loading then I am presented with a circle with a line through it. It is also worth noting that lion was the only disc that I have not downloaded from the internet.

Long story short, where can I get the correct operating system for my iMac?

iMac 20" (model # unknown)
(serial #: QP6160T7U2S)

thanks,
Andrew

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No version of OS X except Lion can be legally downloaded from the internet. And Lion can only be legally downloaded from the App Store for $29.99. It is not shipped on disk. We do not discuss illegal activities in these forums.

Since this is your first post, I advise you to read through our Guidelines which you can find at the head of this forum or in my signature line. This thread is now closed. Sorry no help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.