Logic Pro 9.1.6: Random Muting of MIDI Notes

Reaction score
Question regarding Logic Pro 9.1.6
For no good reason, random notes in my lead and bass guitar loops simply do not play or are terminally muted. Other notes in the same loop that surround the 'muted' note play fine, and when I try to "Shift M" / mute & unmute - nothing happens. I've read many other website sites of those who are suffering the problem and I have tried those things to fix - nothing is working. Am I just missing something or is there a downloadable fix or a trick?
Thanks All

OP
A
Reaction score
Follow up to Logic Pro dropping or randomly muting midi notes. Believe it or not - all I had to do is shut-down and restart my MacBook Pro and ta-da - all back to normal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
I'm not 100% sure that this is what was causing it for you but I know a good number of sampling engines will start to kill voices (i.e. not play everything) if you get extremely low on RAM or your CPU starts to spike during playback. I use Kontakt a lot within Logic (as an AU plugin) and it has a feature that does this. All of those instrument samples just get loaded from your hard drive and into ram as soon as you drop them into your project so naturally, they add up... rapidly.

Restarting your computer might have freed up some system resources so that fixed the issue.

Again, not completely sure if this was specific to you in this case but I'd keep an eye on your CPU and RAM usage in the future in case this wasn't just some weird fluke.

Hope that helped! :)

All of this goes for garage band too for anyone reading.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.