DVD of Win 7 Didn't boot ???

Reaction score
i installed a new snow leopard....then...i'm trying to install win 7 on mac....so...i used Bootcamp App and made the bootcamp partition...then started to setup win7 .... then ... Macbook pro is restarted....but :(....DVD of win7 didn't boot ... Why :( ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Is it a genuine retail or OEM disc?

OP
B
Reaction score
it is retail disc....first...i have mackbook pro a1226...and my HD is damaged...so ...i bought a new hard...then ...i setup Snow Leopard on it....and .i'm trying to install win 7 on mac....so...i used Bootcamp App and made the bootcamp partition...then started to setup win7 .... then ... Macbook pro is restarted....but ....DVD of win7 didn't boot ... Why ????....i'd like to boot from flash 8GB :) ...bcz..my dvd is crazy :)....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Print....the guidelines....from Bootcamp and read thoroughly....also did you download the drivers and burn to a CD as directed? And....MB and MBP....optical drives fail often as they a slot loaders.

You must....have an inbuilt optical drive....to install Windows.

OP
B
Reaction score
i really install Win7 on BootCamp Partition from virtual machine (parallel)....but the problem is called " hybrid mbr"....so the win7 doesn't boot and doesn't appear when i prss and hold "Alt Key" ....but only appear MAC OSx Parti.........
so.....i'm trying to make "Hybrid MBR"....and the procedure which i made :
1- fdisk -e /dev/disk0
2- Appear message (fdisk: could not open MBR file /usr/standalone/i386/boot0: No such file or directoryEnter 'help' for information)
3- i ignore it and type... P
4- f 3 (flag partition of boot camp)
5- w
6- y
7- q
......but no bootable to win 7 also :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused.

You said you had a Retail Windows 7 disc? But know it sounds like you're trying to create your own bootable disc. Not sure where parallels comes into it.

It sounds like you're trying to burn you own Windows 7 disc. Is the correct? If so what's the source? Have you bought the Windows 7 ISO from Microsoft?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.