Legibility of messages

B

Bixntram

Hi, Schweb, I'm using OSX 10.3.9

A minor complaint (I think): The messages on this forum, as I read them, are in light grey on white, which makes for a bit of eye strain. Is there a way the print could be made darker, or a way to change this on my end?

Otherwise, I really like the look of this site and the way it's set up.

Thanks, Bix

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you are talking about the posts, you could click on the "Thread Tools" link, which is located right above your first post along with "Search this Thread" and "Rate Thread". Then click on "Show Printable Version".

But if you are talking about Private Messages, you could just copy and paste.

OP
B

Bixntram

iWhat said:
If you are talking about the posts, you could click on the "Thread Tools" link, which is located right above your first post along with "Search this Thread" and "Rate Thread". Then click on "Show Printable Version".

But if you are talking about Private Messages, you could just copy and paste.

Actually I was refering to the appearance of the text (i.e., font color). The light gray text on a white background is hard to read. I was inquiring if this could be changed to make it more legible.

OP
S

sursuciofla

I like it actually and I am sure you are in the minority although I may be wrong. The font color to me flows with the site design. I guess a poll would clear that up though. But he along with others maintains this site so it is really their choice on what the appearance is like. Like I said I consider it pleasing and satisfying to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
On your Mac, hit:
Command+Option+Ctrl+8
That reverses the color and makes "grey on white" a lot easier to read.

OP
B

Bixntram

surfwax95 said:
On your Mac, hit:
Command+Option+Ctrl+8
That reverses the color and makes "grey on white" a lot easier to read.

Yes, that is easier to read; thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.