just brought 2nd hand powerbook g4 ??

Reaction score
hi i just brought a mac silver powerbook g4 my question is (please understand total novice with macs) i brought it for my daughter to do her mathletics homework so she could sit at kitchen bench so i didn't have to keep running down the hall to check on her
but i can't get it to upgrade the flash plyer so mathletics will work how do you do it please help !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You may be out of luck. I'm not sure if it will run the latest version of flash as it is a 8 year old machine.

Just checked Adobe's site, the latest version that will run on your computer appears to be Flash 10.3

OP
M
Reaction score
u serious !! great guess the guy i brought it off was just in a rush to sell silly me i asked him to check before i brought it guess i be selling this and think i might stick to pc i know how to use them just didn't want to spend over $1000 for a 7 yr old on a new mac was trying to stick to a system she knows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
How much did you get it for?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
don't tell me that was too much ill cry even more

Probably not a bad price...but it really depends on what exact model it is. There were LOTS of different Powerbook G4 models.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
ok love the ......... its silvery colour how would i know what one it is

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok love the ......... its silvery colour how would i know what one it is

Sorry...almost all Powerbook G4's are all silver or mostly silver.

Go to "About This Mac" under the Apple Menu...that window will tell you the processor info which is the most important. If you know the diagonal display size...that helps as well.

But overall...this probably is not all that important...since the computer has been purchased already...and the money spent.

Do you have any idea what the system requirements are for this "mathletics". Is "mathletics" a website based activity?

When you try to go to the "mathletics" website...what sort of message are you seeing? Does it say what version of flash you need? Also realize...depending on the complexity of this website...a Powerbook G4 may not even run this website well (even if it can be upgraded to a version of flash that is needed).

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
hi thanks for that matheltics is a pretty complex site from what im seeing needs the latest flash and a heap of memory so whoops on me shouldve checked lol just assumened if old pc can run it any old mac would work live and learn

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hi thanks for that matheltics is a pretty complex site from what im seeing needs the latest flash and a heap of memory so whoops on me shouldve checked lol just assumened if old pc can run it any old mac would work live and learn

Yeah...older Mac's are sort of "whimpy" when it comes to flash. Newer Mac's are fine (but of course more expensive).

Since approximately 90% of the "computer world" is Windows based...most things are optimized for Windows computers...and sometimes (with older Mac's)...they are left behind.:(

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.