AIRPORT EXPRESS: Extending a Wireless Network

Reaction score
Hi!

I have 2 Airport Expresses. The first is an Airport Express 802.11g and the other one is the newest one (Airport Express 802.11n). I want to be able to set up my Airport 802.11n as the main base station connected via ethernet cable and use the second Airport 802.11g as a relay or remote station to extend my current network wirelessly.

I've already read the forums and followed these instructions in setting up a main and relay station: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2422028?threadID=2422028&tstart=0.

After doing this though, both units were flashing amber and none of them would let me connect to the internet anymore since it said there was an "error with WDS participation".

How do I solve this error? Can someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on how I should fix this?

Thank you so much,

Slim

OP
slim91
Reaction score
Hi!

I have 2 Airport Expresses. The first is an Airport Express 802.11g and the other one is the newest one (Airport Express 802.11n). I want to be able to set up my Airport 802.11n as the main base station connected via ethernet cable and use the second Airport 802.11g as a relay or remote station to extend my current network wirelessly.

I've already read the forums and followed these instructions in setting up a main and relay station: https://discussions.apple.com/thread...22028&tstart=0.

After doing this though, both units were flashing amber and none of them would let me connect to the internet anymore since it said there was an "error with WDS participation".

How do I solve this error? Can someone please give me detailed step-by-step instructions on how I should fix this?

Thank you so much,

Slim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.