Macbook Pro, no POST.

Reaction score
'Evening, everyone.

I've got a customer's Macbook Pro here and I'm not as familiar with Apple products as I used to be. My first idea was memory--but it doesn't appear to be a memory issue.

If I start the machine, the white LED on the lid release button goes bright white for about one-two seconds and then fades to a dim glow. It does this even with no RAM in the machine at all. It looks like there should be an LED on the power button, but I don't get an LED. The LED on the power jack shows green.

I'm pretty sure the customer's looking at a bad mainboard here, but I'd like a second opinion since, as I said, I'm not as familiar with Mac hardware as I used to be.

Edit:

With a little more digging, I found it's a Macbook Pro A1260, and it's got an nVidia chipset. Therefore, I've come to the conclusion that it's got DV6000 syndrome.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check with Apple to see if that still can be repaired under the nVidia extended warranty plan. If it can, Apple will replace the Logic board for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.