Brand New to iMac

Reaction score
Bought my new iMac a week or so ago, after using PCs for all these years. Wow. What a difference. I've been finding my way around pretty well I think. Im convinced already Mac is the way to go. I do a lot of photo editing (no matter what they say, the 27" glossy screen is great for me). This has prompted my first Mac question- I use an Epson R1900 printer, which was no problem to join with my iMac. It updated software for the printer automatically after I installed the software disk. It didn't occur to me at the time, but I did not install a specific Printer Driver Disk (I couldn't find it). It works perfectly anyway, I assumed the update program installed the driver- but maybe not. I keep getting messages on my screen that says "Printer not registered". I'm not sure what this means, but maybe it explains why I cannot check ink levels in the printer- this is about the only complaint I have, as it responds and prints great. But that has prompted the question: How do I "register" the Printer? Thanks for your thoughts. BTW- OSX Lion 10.7.3

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac forums.

It's probably a good idea to access the Epson web site and download the latest Lion drivers and utilities for your printer. Once installed it should give you ink levels and take care of registering the printer with your system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.