Sharing a method to read iBooks on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
in past days, we can only read ibooks on IOS device, because of the iBooks DRM...
but the iBook DRM has been finally cracked, which means we can read iBook on Mac now.
The soft called Requiem, here is the dl link

***Don't say it's illegal.i think the DRM is totally unfair, i purchased an ebook in iTunes Store, but i can only read it on my iPhone, the screen is so tiny and i can't cost all my battery on reading ibooks. i crack the DRM just for reading it on my Mac.

C

chas_m

Tough. Circumventing the DRM is illegal in the US.

I can't help it if your country has truly stupid laws, but on this forum we stick US standards.

Write your congressman, and use this election year to register and vote out anybody who doesn't support fixing the DMCA.

OP
J
Reaction score
Tough. Circumventing the DRM is illegal in the US.

I can't help it if your country has truly stupid laws, but on this forum we stick US standards.

Write your congressman, and use this election year to register and vote out anybody who doesn't support fixing the DMCA.

I can't figure it out why people can accept jailbreak, but not crack DRM?
I think they are the same, we do these just want to use the eletronic-device more comfortably.

C

chas_m

Well, for starters: jailbreaking is legal. Cracking DRM is explicitly illegal.

You're simply wrong that they are the same.

Cracking DRM allows other people to break the law. Jailbreaking only affects your own machine, and doesn't generally lead directly to law-breaking.

Don't misunderstand: the overly-restrictive DMCA legislation makes criminals out of people who have honest intentions as well as the actual counterfeiters/pirates/etc. It is a bad law IMO.

But until it is overturned or modified, cracking DRM is illegal in the US and trying to continue a discussion of it is a sure way to get shown the door on this forum. I imagine this thread will be closed imminently.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well, for starters: jailbreaking is legal. Cracking DRM is explicitly illegal.

You're simply wrong that they are the same.

Cracking DRM allows other people to break the law. Jailbreaking only affects your own machine, and doesn't generally lead directly to law-breaking.

Don't misunderstand: the overly-restrictive DMCA legislation makes criminals out of people who have honest intentions as well as the actual counterfeiters/pirates/etc. It is a bad law IMO.

But until it is overturned or modified, cracking DRM is illegal in the US and trying to continue a discussion of it is a sure way to get shown the door on this forum. I imagine this thread will be closed imminently.

Okay, as you said, "Cracking DRM allows other people to break the law", I remove the ebooks i purchased in iTunes Store and read it on my Mac, this has broken LAW? Unless I sent it to others, then I break the law, but i won't. Many people jailbreak iPhone to install paid app for free, this is okay??? I didn't jailbreak my IOS device, i paid for my ebooks and apps.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
We do not allow discussion of illegal activities on this site as was pointed out to you. I invite you to read our community guidelines for more information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.