Unbundling apple id.....

Reaction score
Years ago when my husband and I first got ipods we used only one apple id account for both our ipods. Now - we have 2 ipods, 1 iPad, 1 iPod Touch, 1 iPhone, and an iMac. We have 3 sign ins on our mac we have an individual itunes on each side of the computer. All apps and songs were bought with our original apple id.

I know we need to change that - and use individual id's - but I don't know where to start!! I'm not afraid of losing our apps since we are keeping the original apple id and will still use the sharing capability but what do I need to do to make this an easy transition? I'm open to any and all suggestions!!

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Years ago when my husband and I first got ipods we used only one apple id account for both our ipods. Now - we have 2 ipods, 1 iPad, 1 iPod Touch, 1 iPhone, and an iMac. We have 3 sign ins on our mac we have an individual itunes on each side of the computer. All apps and songs were bought with our original apple id.

I know we need to change that - and use individual id's - but I don't know where to start!! I'm not afraid of losing our apps since we are keeping the original apple id and will still use the sharing capability but what do I need to do to make this an easy transition? I'm open to any and all suggestions!!

Thanks!!

Go ahead and create your own Apple ID's and the previous apps will still work. When it comes to updates you will need to provide the password for the account the app was purchased from. My wife and I do this all the time. Just keep an eye on which password prompt is coming up and enter the appropriate one. Also, you will need to associate the new ID's with the computer that you both work on. In the end I assume that you will have 3 ID's, the original (which purchased all current media) and 1 new one for each of you. Log into the iTunes Store with each new ID and authorize the computer that you are going to use.

Make sense?

HTH

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.