Imovie Glitches

Reaction score
Hello. I'm transferring video into Imovie and it asked me if I wanted to optimize the video, so I said sure. That of course, took 3 hours, and then when I viewed it, the movie kept skipping. I'd count backwards in the video and I say, "5, 4, ......0"

I don't know why this is happening. How can I fix this? And what happened?

C

chas_m

Too many possible factors to give you a straight answer. You need to give us a WHOLE LOT more detail here, including things like:

machine type and OS
iMovie version
Free space on the HD
Graphics card
Resolution of the video file (I assume it was HD)

for starters.

Reaction score
Hello. I'm transferring video into Imovie and it asked me if I wanted to optimize the video, so I said sure. That of course, took 3 hours, and then when I viewed it, the movie kept skipping. I'd count backwards in the video and I say, "5, 4, ......0"

I don't know why this is happening. How can I fix this? And what happened?

Are you sure you said the "3, 2, 1" when you were counting down? Maybe you forgot it and the video is actually playing fine... Could totally happen!

Ha, just kidding - another detail of interest is the amount of RAM you have installed. And you can also open the Activity Monitor (found in Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor) to see how much RAM is available when iMovie is running.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.