Is my Mac being hacked ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I went to sent an email attachment and under 'Devices' I found 'Shared' a computer called Thompson. - whats all this about has someone hacked into my computer?

I have tried to delete this but it's all greyed out. please can someone tell me how I delete it

Many thanks.

NikMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
First under devices are you referring to Finder or iTunes and second is there anyone else sharing your dwelling that has access to your computer ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 21.5" i5 iMac 2.7ghz 4gb ram 1tb HDD
LOL

I once thought I was getting stalked by a Mr Belkin.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Not likely. Your Mac will add computers to the sidebar that are sharing resources on your network. If you're on a private network at home (you're connecting to a router), it's probably another computer in your house that has a shared folder (folders).

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies. I live in flats in York, UK but no one else has access to my router or computer so i'm a bit confused. It comes up in Finder by the way.

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
If you checked the link in jrams post, then it could be the name that is assigned to your router or hub... In fact that is exactly what the op of the post had.. Ie BT home hub

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.