PLEASE HELP!!! Urgent!

Reaction score
Ok I have a MAJOR problem. I'm only 14 and my dad wasn't home and I attempted to download the beta of League of Legends on the mac, well it installed or something and I dragged the wrong thing into the applications folder. So when i clicked on it, it brought up some random folders, I saw users and thought ooh my dad doesn't want this on his desktop so I moved his USER and my sisters to the TRASH then when i went to empty the trash it said, preparing to delete 91,304 items. I saw this and after about 30 seconds of it not starting to delete I canceled it. I dragged my dads desktop into the trash? and started to delete for 30 seconds?
I went to drag it out of the trash to the desktop and it says copying 1,021 items! I don't want to do that so I stop it. But somehow i did get a folder titled the User to the desktop and it has some pictures in it and files and stuff but not everything on that account!?!? and I dragged it into users. but here is the MAJOR problem. When i go on that User, the desktop background has been reset to default, and NOTHING WORKS. I can't open iPhoto it says I don't have permission to create a new folder or something even though that user is the ONLY ADMIN on the computer, but I know the password. I go onto iTunes and ALL OF THE SONGS are not working. It says the song can't be located! WE HAVE LIKE 5,000 songs! PLEASE I NEED SUCH DESPERATE HELP!!! Sorry for WALL of text and CAPS but I need help so bad I'm on the verge of tears we have thousands of pictures and videos from our childhood and work things and this would ruin our family if I can't fix this!

Might have just figured out that it can't save anything and can't access saves either?!??!?! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Need help :'(

Do i need to be more specific? Can anyone help me!

i can't open folders in the trash because I don't have permission to see it's contents?

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
At this point the only thing you can do is stop messing with the problem, you will only dig a deeper hole.

Painful as it is your best bet is to let your dad know what happened and let him sort it out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And he may well have to format the drive and do a clean install losing everything unless he has a backup on an external drive. Guess you went and used the iMac against his instructions also?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme
Nivin619,

Just tell your dad what happened. It will not ruin your family. I don't care what was on the computer, you and the rest of your family are much more important. Hopefully, your dad had a back up and will just have to restore from the latest. Good Luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.