PowerMac G5 Ethernet not showing up!!

K

Krypton545

Aight, so I've got this dual 2.5 gHz PowerMac G5, 4.5 GB of RAM running, and it's been fine for the past half a year.

Now all of a sudden last friday the Built-in-Ethernet is not showing up in the Network preferences. However it shows up in the Network Port Configurations and is CHECKED. I did everything from turn off and on the interface in the terminal and made sure the router I'm using has the latest firmware. I did everything at this Apple support page post :

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=232422&tstart=0

I'm beyond estranged as to what could be causing this to happen. There were no power surges that could have damaged the computer, I made sure the PCI card was securely installed inside the computer. Any suggestions?

OP
K

Krypton545

......this is seriously one of those things where you overanalyze it. Ugh, I just figured it out. I just plugged the G5 directly into the modem, great that worked, something finally showed up. Amidst doing that I unplugged the router just because I knew I was going to reset it. And it just turned out to be one of those situations where the router needed to be reset for one computer. Literally just one of those 'overthinking everything' situations and the most simple solution went right over my head the whole time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ah - we've all been there... glad you sorted it out!
Welcome to mac-forums.com btw...

You seem to know your stuff - why not stick around and see if you can't spread some advice and pick up tips?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.