My Macbook Battery Life

Reaction score
Hi

yesterday i got my Macbook pro.im really amazed and its the first apple product of me.
so what im goin to use this for is to djn.

in my dj softwares documentation it says do these things to get more power.but im afraid how its affects to the battery.please read them below

12.2.2 Turn off the screen saver
Open System Preferences > Energy Saver.
Click on show Details to display the energy saver details.
Click on sleep.
Set the slider for put the computer to sleep when inactive to Never.
Set the slider for put the Display to sleep when inactive to Never.
12.2.3 Do NOT put hard drive(s) to sleep
Open System Preferences > Energy Saver.
Click on show Details to display the energy saver details.
Click on sleep.
Uncheck put the hard Disk(s) to sleep when possible.

and i calibrating the battery from the first time using as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hi,
I'm unfamiliar with DJ software but it must need everything 'awake' to function correctly hence the regime.

You can override all this by forcing your MBP to sleep using Apple>Sleep. It's normal to put the machine to sleep, particularly when you are sleeping.
The display settings are more likely to have an effect on the life of your screen than the battery.

Would you do a dj set without the AC power plugged in?

OP
C
Reaction score
always djn when ac power pluged in.....i put everything to never and hard disk sleep never when the plug in status.....when running on battery they are set to defaults....

btw ...i put the account name and as name XXX but whn im went to computer the menu bar shows YYY'Computer.....?

C

chas_m

Did you buy this unit used?

Also, personal favour -- I found your last post very difficult to read, so if you wouldn't mind, please refrain from abbreviating words. There's already so many acronyms swimming in my head that I can barely keep them all straight. Cheers!

Anyway, as you'll have doubtless discovered by now, the Energy Saver system preference panel lets you set up two configurations for your Mac -- one for when it is on the Power Adapter and another one for Battery. The settings you copied are of course intended for Power Adapter and thus won't affect your battery (since as you say you would never DJ on the battery).

Your battery settings should be set more conservatively. I have mine set for display sleep at 10 minutes, computer sleep at 15 minutes, spin down the hard drive. (on the power adapter settings I *never* allow my hard drive to spin down personally)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Agreed chas_m, I was struggling with it myself and moved one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.