GarageBand Help!!!

Reaction score
Hi any/all...(GarageBanders)
Just want to use it for playing piano when I'm on the road. Not really into the full arranging thing just yet (used to be in another life).
Bought an M-Audio Keystation...which I want to hook to my MacBook Pro...and then just play piano. Possible???
I'm starting on "GB For Dummies" (certainly apt)...but if some one can give me the quick/easy start...it would be much appreciated.
Dan

C

chas_m

There's not really anything to do: plug in the keyboard, fire up Garageband, select "new project," -> Piano, set tempo, time signature and key and where you want to save the resulting file. I'm making this sound WAAAY more complicated than it is to do, the entire "procedure" takes all of 10 seconds.

GB will then open up with a piano track, and options for making the keyboard sound like whatever you want. Piano was just an example, it can sound like virtually any instrument you like.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks muchly.

chas-m.... As you can tell, I'm a rank beginner at this. Will follow you directions ASAP.
Dan

OP
D
Reaction score
Worked!!! Works!!! Now all I have to do is upgrade my '09 version for more/better instruments,etc.
Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.