Choosing the right Mac

Reaction score
hi everyone, i currently have a PPC power mac G5 which is fine except i need Intel machine to download the programs i want. I come from a music background so i have software like logic and reaper etc. so it has to be powerful, in my spare time i am a mobile DJ so i want to use either a macbook air or macbook pro not sure which one, this will be running traktor software but on top i also want a mac capable of heavy music editing which a macbook is not. so pretty much i have to choose between a very dear power mac intel or again a dear imac. i will be selling the current powermac for about £300-£350 and i have about £150 savings. which only leaves me the option to go second hand. So really what i am asking you is do i get a macbook pro or air for mobile djing and also do i get a powermac intel or an i mac for the studio side of things?

thanks in advance
josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Try a Mac Pro, burn your music to disc and see if the MBP can then handle it.

OP
J
Reaction score
hi guessing your on about the mobile dj side. i will have all the music on hardrive but i need some opinions before i splash out on one. and also i want to know if and air or pro will be better for what i do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.