Where is the paperclip icon in sent mailbox

Reaction score
I can see the paperclip icon in the list in my incoming mailboxes, but not in my Sent mailbox. How do I make it show? The column is there in Classic view but it does not show any attachments in the list.

I need to be able to see at a glance which sent emails contain attachments so I can sort them into submailboxes.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
You should be able to right click on the bar where it says To, From etc when you are in the sent mailbox. There you should get a drop down menu of titles for that bar and click on Attachment or whatever else you would like to see.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Aqua. I have already got the attachment column showing in Classic view, but there are no paperclips showing in that column at all, even for the messages that do contain attachments. And when you click on it to (ostensibly) sort the list of emails into those with and those without attachments, it doesn't do that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4GHz Core2 Duo 10.6.8, MacMini
not that this will help https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3226400?start=0&tstart=0 but it explains.. I'm not familiar with Lion sorry O:) Maybe if you try deleting the plist, reloading mail it might go OK. With a google search I have seen that others have done this and sometimes it helps. Not sure why this would be different in Lion than it is in Snow Leopard but hopefully it will sort itself out..

Good Luck and here's hoping someone familiar with Lion will respond..

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Aqua, it seems to be a known issue then. Fingers crossed that they will sort it as it's a huge inconvenience!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.