Windows 7 for 2007 Macbook Pro help.

Reaction score
Hello. I don't know if this topic has been posted before but I did a quick search and didn't find anything like it. I used Boot Camp to make a partition of 32GB on my 2007 Macbook Pro. I followed the instructions but after the initial installation of Windows 7 32bit then it asks to restart the computer and it comes back to try and start the setup and I get this message.

"The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart installation.

I click okay and try again but it ends up saying the same thing over and over. I've tried several things but nothing seems to work. Thank you for help.

My hardware:

MacBookPro3,1
Core 2 Duo
2.2 GHz
2 GB memory
GeForce 8600M GT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What version of OSX do you have?

Is the Windows disc a full retail copy?

I've tried several things but nothing seems to work.
A quick overview of what you've tried will help us not go over old ground.

OP
R
Reaction score
I have OS X Snow Leopard and yes it is a full retail copy of Windows 7 home edition. I have both the 32 and 64 bit and both are doing the same thing.

I have tried starting up windows again and instead of re installing i've tried the repair option. I have also researched a couple different things to try like trying to delete certain drives but didn't really understand what I should and shouldn't be doing. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
After the restart are you booting the disc or the Windows Partition?

OP
R
Reaction score
I've done both. The process i've been doing. Is I install on the partition as directed. It prompts a restart after initial download. It restarts and error occurs and then repeats. If I boot up only on the partition it goes immediately to the error message and repeats. If I boot with the Windows 7 disc after initial installation it just starts over like I haven't downloaded it at all but it was suggested else where to do that and instead of installing again you "repair" which I tried and didn't work and comes up with the same message. Thanks again for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you use the Bootcamp Assitant to partition the drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm drawing a blank....... unless the disc and/or the data on it is damaged.

Do you have another disc you can try?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.